After completing the course Kid’s Box 3, the student will achieve the following results:
- 🤝Communicative functions
- Greeting people and introducing oneself.
- Ask and answer about abilities and possessions.
- Talking about actions being carried out at the moment.
- Ask and answer about tastes, interests and hobbies.
- Talking about the location of things and places.
- Expressing a need.
- Talking about daily and weekly routines, how often and when they happen.
- Expressing and recognising norms and rules.
- Asking for permission
- Expressing purpose.
- Giving and recognising recommendations for when we are ill.
- Describing people and places.
- Making comparisons.
- Talking about states in the past.
- Talking politely.
- Telling jokes.
- The student is able to recite poems or sing a song with correct pronunciation and intonation.
- The student is able to describe an object or a person using simple structures and according to some given example. (7-8 sentences)
- The student is able to join an everyday conversation on previously studied topics using familiar vocabulary and structures.
- Understand simple messages and instructions and recognise familiar words and linguistic structures.
- The student is able to understand a story based on familiar vocabulary and constructions and accompanied by visual aids.
- The student is able to guess the meaning of some unknown words from the context.
- The student is able to read a text based on familiar vocabulary and structures, including some unknown words.
- The student is able to find some needed information in the text (scanning).
- The student is able to identify relevant information on written posters and simple maps.
- The student is able to reproduce simple sentences and texts using previously presented models.
Grammar is introduced by structures, not grammar rules.
- Questions and answers with have got and can
- Apostrophe ‘s’.
- like, love, enjoy + -ing / nouns, want + infinitive
- The time.
- Simple present
- Short answers with Yes, I do. / No, I don’t
- Adverbs of frequency and How often…?
- Present continuous: affirmative, negative and interrogative.
- Place prepositions: above, below, near.
- The infinitive to express purpose.
- Must / mustn’t , can / can’t
- Comparatives (-er)
- Simple past of the verb to be (was and were)
- Basic personal information
- Describing people
- Numbers 20-100
- Telling the time
- Days of the week
- Daily routine
- Health and illnesses
- Animals and their habitats
- Places to live
- My house
- Rhyming words
- /ei/ and /ɑ:/ in connection with various letters
- /əυ/ and /aυ/ in connection with various letters
- /ɔ:/. in connection with various letters
- /s/ in connetction with the letter c
- /i:/ and /e/ in connectionwith the letters ea
- /f/ in connection with the letters ph /w/
- Maths: counting money
- Art: portraits
- Science: the heart; healthy body; plants
- Music: instruments
- Geography: homes; animal habitats
- Giving and sharing
- Loving your city
- Fair play
- Helping the world